Raspberry Pi’s next upgrade Raspberry Pi B+ is launched and is the same price as Raspberry Pi B i.e. $35. For those who don’t know what Raspberry Pi is, is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. Also, it can be used in electronics projects, and for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It can does almost anything a general purpose computer can do with limited capabilities though.
What is Raspberry Pi? What can you do with it?
5 Awesome projects made using Raspberry Pi B:
Now, Raspberry Pi B+ has been launched, there are lot of changes but not significant changes, such as the application processor is still the same, to announce it Raspberry Pi C.
The features which have not been changed:
- Same Broadcom BCM2835 Chipset
- Same 512MB RAM
- Same full size HDMI port
- Same 10/100 Ethernet port
- Same CSI camera port and DSI display ports
- Same micro USB power supply connection
Features that have changed:
- 4 USB ports
- 40 pin extended GPIO, previous had 26 pins(provide 100% backward compatibility for your projects)
- Micro SD slot, removed full size SD slot from previous(most probably because of lose connection problem)
- Can now be powered upto 1.2 AMP from 4 USB ports
- Pi B+ uses less power, 600mA, than the Pi B, 750mA
- Audio jack has been minimalized
- Composite Video output has been removed
Four mounting holes
Video by Raspberry Pi Organization:
More Videos on Raspberry Pi B+:
More Projects on Raspberry Pi:
FAQs on Raspberry Pi, Link.
Source: Raspberry Pi